We have just received word that the Anchor Bay Bands have been chosen to help provide concessions at this year’s SANG Air Show and Open House. Participation at this event is simple can prove to be a very successful fundraiser for our organization. We are pleased to once again help at this amazing and fun event. This year’s SANG Airshow is on Saturday, August 19th, and Sunday, August 20th from 8am to 5pm and will feature the US Air Force Thunderbirds! In order to pull this off, we need student and parent volunteer help. It’s a great way to see the show, not have to fight traffic, and do something for a good cause!
For parents, we are looking for 10 volunteers (5 on each day). Please go to our Sign Up Genius page to add your name to the list. The parent volunteers are needed to assist band students selling food items. Parents will need to arrive at Middle School South by 6:30am and be able to drive students who don’t have a ride to Selfridge Air National Guard Base. Parents may also need to drive students back to South after the air show.
The student need is much greater. At this time, we are schedule to work 16 food carts each day. This will require us to have 32 students on each day of the event. Sign ups will being now. If we get more response then needed, there is the opportunity to cover some merchandise tents as well. That would benefit the organization even more.
What all volunteers need to know:
- Each station will have two umbrellas and one lawn chair.
- Students, wear your red marching band shirt or another Anchor Bay red shirt.
- All volunteers will also be given lunch tickets and water.
- All the items being sold are pre-packed (no dipping, scooping, or mess).
- Only requirement is closed and tied shoes. No flip flops or sandals.
- Meeting time will be at MS South at 6:30am (both days). Departure will be 6:45am.
- Everything should be finished up around 5pm (schedule depending).
- All you need to bring is a cell phone (if you have one), a good work ethic, and smiles!
All questions should be directed to Mrs. Jodi Gunst who is graciously coordinating this event. Her email is firstname.lastname@example.org and phone number is 586.321.1404. Feel free to contact her at any point to get your name on the list of volunteers!