Dear District XVI HS Band Directors:
The Anchor Bay School District and Band Boosters are proud to host this year’s MSBOA District 16 Band Festival. We are fortunate to have excellent music facilities featuring a beautiful auditorium and two band rooms, one for warm-up and one for sight-reading. We are looking forward to your arrival and hope your festival is a positive and educational experience. The following packet of information will help make your festival experience an enjoyable one. Here are a few highlights:
- Unloading of Students / Parking – The student drop-off will be at the North entrance of the school at door # 4. Your festival hosts will greet you at your bus and escort you throughout the day.
- Concert Setup – On the day of festival please bring a copy of your concert setup and leave it in the MSBOA office. To create smooth transitions between bands, our backstage workers will assist by prepping the stage with correct numbers of chairs and stands before your setup crew arrives. These volunteers WILL NOT help your set-up crew when after your performance block has started.
- Percussion – All percussion equipment will be unloaded at the loading dock (door #15) on the East side (back side) of the school and stored in the auditorium hallway until needed. We have assigned adult helpers to assist you and your percussion section with unloading. Schools performing on both multiple days will be provided a secure area for overnight percussion storage if they desire one.
- Performance & Sight Reading Percussion – We are offering the use of the Anchor Bay High School set of five timpani, concert bass drum, bells, xylophone, vibraphone, chimes, and marimba for concert performance. In addition there will be four timpani, concert bass drum, bells, xylophone, marimba, chimes, and vibraphone available for use in the sight-reading room. All equipment is in good playing condition. YOU MUST BRING YOUR OWN MALLETS, BEATERS, CYMBALS and AUXILIARY PERCUSSION.
- Band Directors – Directors are welcome to visit room E129 for food and beverages. The Anchor Bay Band Boosters will be providing dinner on Thursday and Friday evening along with snacks and beverages throughout the evening.
- Concessions – The Anchor Bay High School Band Boosters will have a variety of foods for students and parents to purchase. Concessions will be located in the North Commons area. Discourage students from bringing in food/beverage, and PLEASE ENCOURAGE YOUR PARENTS AND STUDENTS TO EAT AT THE SITE!!!
- Contact Information – We have a website containing all festival information at www.anchorbaybands.org/bands/msboahost. Feel free to contact Scott Oranchak or Dave Visnaw by email or phone if you have any questions. The very best way to reach us is via email. Feel free to leave us a voice mail, but we only check that once daily.
- Coat Rooms – Secure coat rooms will be provided for each band. For those schools that are performing on multiple days, every effort has been made to keep a consistent coatroom from one day to the next. Please remind your students to respect the coatrooms and not touch anything in the rooms.
Good luck and have fun!